Free online stoma care course
We offer a free online eLearning course for new stoma care nurses or anyone caring for someone with a stoma. The course offers defined learning outcomes, optional case studies and involves a multiple choice test with a certificate that you can print upon successful completion. The stoma care course consists of 8 bite-sized modules including:
- Introduction to anatomy and physiology
- The role of the stoma care nurse specialist
- Effective communications in stoma care
- Cultural and religious issues in stoma care
- Post-operative stoma management
- Important aspects of stoma management
- Educating patients in self care
- Steps prior to patient discharge
Take part in this free stoma care course by clicking here.
NOTE: Our learning platform uses Form LMS, provided by Me Learning, this link will open in a new window where you will need to create an account to access our training courses.
Stoma care guides
CliniMed has created a number of booklets for patients on various aspects of stoma care, including separate practical guides to stoma care for specific stoma types, tailored to caring for a colostomy, ileostomy or a urostomy. There is also a guide providing nutritional and dietary advice after bowel surgery. Copies of these booklets can be downloaded by clicking on the thumbnails below: