The unique multi-purpose catheter/tube holder that fits like a second skin. Straps or tape traditionally used to secure catheters/tubes in place may cause discomfort and skin irritation. Choose CliniFix and you can help resolve the problems associated with tape and straps whilst reducing the risk of infection and trauma caused by inadvertent medical tube movement.
The unique multi-purpose medical tube holder
- Adheres gently and comfortably to safely secure catheters and urine collection bags used with sheaths.
- Solvent-free inner adhesive strip – does not affect the adherence or quality of any catheter fixed to it
- Made from skin-friendly hydrocolloid adhesive – can remain in place for up to seven days without affecting skin integrity
- Hook and loop securing device – fixes multiple-sized tubes in place securely, without hooks or clips, providing greater comfort, convenience and safety
- Catheters/tubes – can be repositioned without changing CliniFix
- Resealable design – allows for easy cleaning
Evidence suggests securement methods, not antimicrobials, may be the most effective solution to urinary tract infection.’ (Carignan, M. Mechanical Reduction of Catheter-associated Urinary Tract Infection Risk, Infection Control Today, April 2004).
Please ensure to read the full instructions for use before using this product. Instructions for use are provided on the product packaging.
CliniFix is simple and easy to use
- Clean and dry the area (do not use liquid soap or other soaps with added moisturiser or lanolin). Ensure there is no moisturiser or cream present on the prepared skin surface
- Remove paper backing
- Place CliniFix on the prepared skin surface. Smooth into place for 10-20 seconds to seal the hydrocolloid to the skin surface
- Release the hook and loop securing device and place the tubing in a comfortable position
- Re-secure the hook and loop securing device – for best result, do not stretch
For extra security
To secure the tube rigidly to restrict any movement, follow steps 1-4 and peel back the CliniFix inner film (indicated by blue arrows). Place the tubing in a comfortable position on the adhesive and re-secure the hook and loop securing device - for best result, do not stretch.
- CliniFix can be left in situ for up to seven days
- Once CliniFix has reached its full user wear time, it will peel off easily
- If CliniFix is to be worn for a short period or on sensitive areas of skin, removal can be assisted by warm water or a medical adhesive remover
- Please note, prolonged contact with water (i.e. bath/shower) may reduce the wear time. Should the edge of the device come away from the skin, ensure the area is dry and simply smooth back into place
CLINIFIX, a universal product for attaching tubing and catheters
I have worked as a PEG nurse for 15 years; during that time I have been using my patients a wide range of tapes intended for attaching tubes and catheters. My experience with CLINIFIX is based on clinical observations and patients feedback. CLINIFIX has proven to be an excellent way to attach a PEG tube simply and easily.Patients have been satisfied with the features of the product. The product is easy to use and feels good on the skin. CLINIFIX hydrocolloid adhesive tape is suitable for attaching all types of catheters, drains and PEG tubing to the skin. The skin-friendly tape does not contain solvent-based substances or latex. The fastening is done with the help of velcro strap. The velcro strap must be resealed, so there is no need to remove the tape from the skin. The tape can be kept on the skin for 7 days. I have taken CLINIFIXIN into a weekly routine care for all patients with a PEG tube.Daily skin care: open the cover of the fixing plate and remove the plate from the skin, lift the plate upwards, remove the old dressing, loosen and move the tubing if necessary, clean the skin at the base of the PEG tub area after the movement, also clean the fixation plate, apply a ZenSetiv silicone patch to the base of the PEG, replace the plate and gently pull the tubing to is formed, attach the tube to the plate and close the tube clamp. Finally, place the PEG tube to loop on the abdomen with the help of CLINIFIX. CLINIFIN is changed once a week.PEG tube should always be carefully attached to the abdomen. The attachment prevents unnecessary movement of the tube, promotes tube staying still and prevents skin problems. Patients feel more secure when the PEG tube is well in place in the abdomen.When feeding nutritional products, if necessary, open the velcro tape, release the PEG tube, perform nutrition, and finally place the tube under the velcro strap. If necessary, the PEG tube can be looped all the time with CLINIFIX.In my experience, CLINIFIX is: • easy to place • attaches quickly • stays in place for a week by following the manufacturer's instructions (clear written / pictorial instructions are included in the package) • easy and painless to remove • skin friendly, reduces skin irritation • the velcro strap is easy to open and close • facilitates daily care when there is no need to permanently attach and remove standard adhesive tapePia Riipinen Assistant head nurse, Master`s degree, Management Qualification, Registered nurse Clinical specialization Qualification admitted by Finnish Nursing Association 2018 Päijät-Häme central hospital, outpatient clinic of surgery - November 2020
Secure at last
Having used micropore tape, then Coloplast G-Straps I have now found Clinifix and all is right with the world! Easy to apply, easy to remove, secure and simple, what's not to like. My skin integrity has improved and I haven't had any mishaps with displacement or pulling. I use the large size for my supra-pubic catheter, then the small size for securing my PEG feeding tube. They are comfortable and I forget that I am wearing them. They last around 7 days, you can tell when they are ready for replacement as they start to peel. They are removed painlessly and without skin damage. Highly recommended.Paul Brockbank - January 2016
I found the Clinifix Medical Tube Holder whilst searching all over the Internet for something more comfortable, less awkward to use. The products that I was using were dreadful! I have had a supra-pubic catheter fitted, and you get no information on what is available at all. The Clinifix holder is absolutely brilliant. It's so comfortable you don't know that you have it on! I had two samples sent to me (I requested them online). The first one lasted seven days, and two showers. The second one is up to six days, and again, two showers. Marvellous! Also, the Customer Service assistants are brilliant. They have all the time in the world to help you, and give you advice on other products that are as reliable. On the whole, brilliant product, brilliant customer service!Michele OBrien - May 2015
Skin-friendly hydrocolloid adhesive
- Provides the optimal combination of adhesion and skin friendliness
- Reduces skin irritation
- Doesn't cause trauma on removal
Hook and loop securing device
- Simply and easily secures most sizes of medical tubing
- Prevents accidental tension and catheter removal
- Permits repeated access to tubing
Safe and simple to use
- Gently adheres to skin, without straps or clips
- Can be positioned precisely where needed
- Does nor slide or cause pressure
- Safe to use on patients of all age groups