At last, something for retracted anatomy
At last something for retracted anatomy; I used to feel really sorry for those poor chaps who had no option other than having the indignity of wearing pads for the rest of their lives, but, now we have BioDermAnonymous - November 2019
An excellent device
I was very impressed by the product and, after getting used to fitting it and the feel of it, I think it is an excellent device; I managed to keep them leak-free and in place for at least 3 days, with no soreness of any descriptionMr T H - November 2019
Life has been much better with BioDerm external catheter
After many complications with prostate surgery, I was left with complete incontinence. Every day was miserable and I did not want to go anywhere. After my doctor offered the BioDerm external catheter, life has been much better. I can now drink what I want and lead a more normal life.Phil C - November 2019
Massive difference in my life
After surgery to remove cancerous prostate I was left totally incontinent. My surgeon wanted me to wear pads, as he said I would get lazy and not do pelvic floor excesses if I didn’t wear pads! I tried convene sheaths but didn’t get on well. Internet search revealed BioDerm. I was offered a free trial, and that changed my life from being miserable wearing pads that only lasted a few hours and restricted what I could do, to someone who could go out and enjoy myself as prior to the operation. Massive difference in my life. I wore BioDerm for 30 months until I was fitted with a Artificial Urinary Sphincter, so glad I found them.Joe Hatton - November 2019
Is BioDerm right for me?
BioDerm is suitable for both circumcised and uncircumcised men however, you must be able to gently pull back the foreskin (if present). If the foreskin doesn’t move then BioDerm is not the right product for you.
Use BioDerm if:
- You are a sheath user and you are experiencing leaks or your sheath falling off during the day or at night, disrupting your sleep
- You are a sheath user and you have sore or fragile skin
- You have retracted anatomy or retracted anatomy when sitting
- Your anatomy has a narrow shaft and a larger tip
- You have frequent erections, causing your current product to dislodge
What is male urinary incontinence?
Male urinary incontinence is any involuntary leakage of urine. It can be a common and distressing problem which may have a profound impact on the quality of a man’s life.
What are the risk factors for male urinary incontinence?
Risk factors can include:
- Increasing age – urinary incontinence becomes more common as you get older
- Family history – there may be a genetic link to male incontinence
- Disability – conditions affecting your brain or spinal cord such as multiple sclerosis or dementia.
- Prostatectomy – an operation to remove your prostate gland, for example, if you have prostate cancer
- Lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) – symptoms that affect the bladder and urethra
Click below to discover 6 key lifestyle changes for optimal bladder health
What is the adaptation phase?
BioDerm is made from a hydrocolloid material which is skin-friendly and sticks well with the warmth of your skin. When you first start using BioDerm if your skin is very damp you may need to replace BioDerm more often. This is because the hydrocolloid has absorbed the excess moisture. If this happens you must put another BioDerm immediately back on and be committed to this adaptation phase while the hydrocolloid returns the skin back to its natural balance. This phase normally takes 24-72 hours after the first application depending on the condition of the skin.