The IT Support Team Leader is responsible for overseeing the IT Support team’s day to day operations ensuring an excellent level of service is provided to the organisation. This includes line management responsibilities for 3 IT Support staff including, but not limited to, day to day team management, performance management and reviews.
Leading our friendly support team you will offer efficient and effective support for all business critical systems, both hardware and software. You will provide 1st and 2nd line desktop support to all users, both onsite and remotely. You will assist in maintaining the company IT network infrastructure, telecoms systems and other peripherals. You will assist with troubleshooting systems and network problems together with the configuration and installation of new PCs, laptops, tablets, smartphones and other IT hardware.
You will ensure that the IT Service Desk system is fit for purpose and is used effectively and efficiently by the team. Undertake regular reviews of tickets and provide reports and recommendations to the Head of IT.
You will contribute to and deliver improvements that support the continuous improvement of processes and controls within the team and assist with reviewing technologies that might aid the business.
You will behave in a professional manner at all times and you will build professional relationships with customers and key opinion leaders that will enhance the Company’s quality image.
- 1st line/2nd line general IT Support Background with proven experience in a similar environment.
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Office & Microsoft Operating system products
- Application Support experience (CRM)
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Server, Microsoft 365 and basic network experience including DNS, DHCP, switches and cabling
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) essential, ability to give clear written and verbal instructions and explain technical issues internally and to suppliers. Documentation etc.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business priorities
- Ability to prioritise work/good organisational skills
- Good Team Player
- Possess a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong customer facing skills.
- Leadership experience
- Mitel Phone System
- Remote Desktop Services (RDS and VDI)
- Goldmine CRM
- Kaspersky Anti-virus software
- Microsoft MSCE qualifications
If you require any assistance or adjustments to be made when either applying for a position or attending interview, please e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01628 859726 and one of our team members will be happy to assist you.