Useful hints for new users:
BioDerm can be worn for up to three days, however when first using BioDerm, it may take several applications until the unique adhesive returns the natural moisture balance to the glans.
During this 24-72 hour adaptation phase BioDerm may need to be replaced more frequently. Please be aware of the adaptation phase when choosing a convenient time to begin using BioDerm.
Instructions for use - Click here to view a demonstration
1. BioDerm can be used on circumcised or uncircumcised men (where the foreskin is present). Retract foreskin (if present) completely thoughout application.
2. Wash the area with warm water and plain soap. Dry thoroughly. Do not use creams, lotions, oitments or moisturising soap on penis tip as this may affect the adhesion of BioDerm.
3. Prior to application ensure vent adaptor is facing upwards.
4. Remove the release paper from faceplate (petals) before application.
Centre faceplate over urinary opening with small petals on underside.
Do not touch adhesive during application as this will affect adhesion.
5. Smooth all petals to tip of penis starting with small bottom petals, to ensure a complete seal.
6. Continue to smooth petals around tip of penis finishing with large top petals.
7. Fold seal down over petals. Press and hold where indicated on seal.
8. Pull release paper around tip of penis to apply seal in the direction of arrow, gently applying seal on both sides.
9. Press seal into underside groove and all round penis tip.
10. Uncircumcised users must now return foreskin to forward position over the BioDerm seal.
11. Connect the BioDerm tube to the long tube of your urine collection bag. For your comfort and safety this long tube should be secured to your leg using a tube fixation device such as CliniFix.
BioDerm removal and disposal
- Incontinence products can be bulky and difficult to dispose of BioDerm is small enough to be stored discreetly in a pocket.
- Remove BioDerm by wrapping warm, wet cloth around BioDerm until seal turns white and BioDerm releases from penis.
- Use a medical adhesive remover such as Appeel if seal does not release by soaking in warm water. Immediately wash remover off with water.
"At last, something for retracted anatomy; I used to feel really sorry for those poor chaps who had no option other than having the indignity of wearing pads for the rest of their lives, but, now we have BioDerm."
Mrs AR (Continence Nurse Specialist) from Essex
If you would like to try a free sample of click here